Privacy and data protection policy
We collect your name and email address in the following situations:
- Where you complete the Contact Us form
We will use this information to respond to your specific enquiry. Beyond this we will not use or share your name or email address in any other way. Your data will be stored on our email server until such time as the query is responded to. After which your details will be deleted.
Personal data relating to participants
If you participated on one of our programmes between 2014-2018, the personal information that you have submitted using the online application form will have been kept on our database for the specific purpose of providing support and assistance (if, or as necessary). Certain information will have been shared with either our hotel partners or our volunteer providers in order to arrange your placement. Once the official programme date has passed (normally indicated by the date that you told us that you would return to your home country), Working Holiday Store will delete your personal information. Partner hotels and volunteer providers will be responsible for treating your personal information in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws.
Confidentiality and data protection is important to us. We will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any information we hold about you unless it is specifically required to deliver the service required or if we are required to do so by law. We will keep your data safely and only retain as long as is necessary to provide you with the service that you have subscribed to.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What’s in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers.
See this link for further information on cookies.
We use session and persistent cookies in the following ways:
- Analytical cookies: allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
- Social media cookies: allow interaction with popular social media formats like Facebook, YouTube and Google+ providing a more rounded online experience. It also gives you the opportunity, should you wish, to share useful information from our website with your social network. For example Facebook “Like”.
- WordPress: this is the Content Management System that runs the Working Holiday Store website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all.
- Blog post/comment (when enabled): if you leave a comment on the website e.g. on a page, article or blog post, then a cookie may be stored to ‘remember’ your email address for the next time you post (should you choose the “remember me” option).
By using this site with cookies enabled, you are agreeing for us to store information about your visit using cookies.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.