We collect your name and email address in the following situations:
- Where you complete the Contact Us form
- Where you subscribe to the Working Holiday Store newsletter.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To send you information on products or services offered by us, or our partners which we think may be of interest to you
- To notify you about changes to the functionality of our website
- We like to hear our users’ views, to help us improve our service to you and from time to time we may contact you to ask your opinion
- To monitor your use of our web site in order to track the volume of traffic on particular pages
- To share aggregated statistics relating to use of our web site with third parties such as our business partners.
If at any time you decide you no longer want to be contacted by us or to receive information from us, please send an email to email@example.com with “No Mailing” as the subject heading and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Confidentiality is important to us. We will not pass your details to anyone else. We will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any information we hold about you unless we are required to do so by law.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What’s in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers.
See this link for further information on cookies.
We use session and persistent cookies in the following ways:
- Analytical cookies: allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
- Social media cookies: allow interaction with popular social media formats like Facebook, YouTube and Google+ providing a more rounded online experience. It also gives you the opportunity, should you wish, to share useful information from our website with your social network. For example Facebook “Like”.
- WordPress: this is the Content Management System that runs the Working Holiday Store website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all.
- Blog post/comment (when enabled): if you leave a comment on the website e.g. on a page, article or blog post, then a cookie may be stored to ‘remember’ your email address for the next time you post (should you choose the “remember me” option).
By using this site with cookies enabled, you are agreeing for us to store information about your visit using cookies.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.